Official government advice has been updated regarding patients accessing their Covid-19 vaccination status.
The official advice, updated 21 May 2021, includes:
How to access your COVID-19 vaccination status
Through the NHS App
- You can access your COVID-19 vaccination status through the free NHS App. You can access the app through mobile devices such as a smartphone or tablet. Proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status will be shown within the NHS App. We recommend that you register with the app before booking international travel. For access via the NHS App you do not need to contact your GP.
- The NHS App is not the same as the NHS COVID-19 app.
- The NHS App will continue to be developed with further updates in the future. This will include the ability to show your COVID-19 test results.
Through the NHS website
- You can view your COVID-19 vaccination status online and download or print it as a PDF document.
- To access the service, you’ll need to register for an NHS login if you do not have one already. NHS login registrations may take longer than usual when there are high numbers of requests.
- Access your COVID-19 vaccination status via the NHS website
By calling 119
- If you do not have access to a smartphone, computer or tablet and know that the country you are travelling to requires COVID-19 vaccination status, you can call 119 and ask for a letter to be posted to you.
- Request a letter only if you:
- have been fully vaccinated by the NHS in England (you should wait 5 working days after your second dose)
- are planning to travel in the next 4 weeks to a country that requires evidence of COVID-19 vaccination
- cannot access the digital service via the NHS App
- We expect the letter to take up to 7 working days to reach you.
- The letter will be sent to the address registered with your GP. The 119 call handler you speak to will not be able to see your address to check this with you. If you have recently moved house, make sure you’ve given your new address to your GP practice before calling 119.
Do not contact your GP surgery about your COVID-19 vaccination status. GPs cannot provide letters showing your COVID-19 vaccination status.
Your NHS appointment card which may have been provided at vaccination centres cannot be used to demonstrate your vaccine status.
See full details via this link