The practice complies with Data Protection Act 2018 and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Identifiable information about you will be shared with others in the following circumstances
- To provide further medical treatment for you i.e. hospital referrals
- To help you get other services e.g. from the social work department, this will require your consent
- When we have a duty to others i.e. in child protection cases
Reception and administration staff require access to your medical records in order to do their jobs effectively. These members of staff are bound by the same confidentiality rules as the medical staff.
See our practice Data Protection Policy and Practice Privacy Notice below for more detailed information about how we keep your information safe. Please contact the Practice Manager at the surgery if you would like to discuss this policy in more detail or would like to receive copies of the appendices mentioned in our policy.
The Practice has an overarching Data Protection Policy which is supported by numerous Annexes and Appendices which are tailored to specific areas of responsibility; one of which is the Practice privacy Notice. This is supported by 11 more appendices:
We also have an additional supplementary Privacy Notice relating to Covid 19
Privacy notice appendices:
- Direct care, routine care and referrals
- Direct care and emergencies
- National screening programs
- Care Quality Commission
- Commissioning, planning, risk stratification and patient identification
- Summary Care Record
- Public Health
Under certain circumstances you may wish to request access to all or part of your medical records
Please fill in the forms below should you wish to do so. Requests may take up to 28 days to process
Shay Lane Medical Centre’s Data Protection Officer is: Carolyn Eadie, Information Governance Manager and Data Protection Officer at NHS Trafford Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG). She can be contacted by email on: [email protected]
Greater Manchester Care Record
The Greater Manchester Care Record pulls together key information about you from these different health and social care records and displays it in one combined record. This enables health and social care staff to find key information about your care in one place which helps them to make the most informed decisions and provide the best care to you as a patient or service user. It is also essential that health and social care staff have access to the most up to date information including alerts that may be helpful for staff involved in your care. To understand more about how your personal and medical information is handled, please follow the below link
Pandemic Planning and Research by NHS Digital
The health and social care system is facing significant pressures due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. Health and care information is essential to deliver care to individuals, to support health, social care and other public services and to protect public health. Information will also be vital in researching, monitoring, tracking and managing the coronavirus outbreak. Accurate and up to date data is also essential in managing the coronavirus outbreak.
To support the response to the outbreak, NHS Digital has been legally directed to collect and analyse healthcare information about patients from their GP record for the duration of the coronavirus emergency period. The British Medical Association, the Royal College of General Practitioners and the National Data Guardian are all supportive of this approach.
NHS Digital will analyse the data and securely and lawfully share data with other appropriate organisations described below for coronavirus response purposes only. These purposes include:
- carrying out vital research into treatments and vaccines for the virus, including clinical trials
- identifying coronavirus trends and risks to public health
- diagnosing and monitoring the effects of coronavirus
- controlling and helping to prevent the spread of the virus
- planning and providing health, social care and other public services in response to coronavirus (COVID-19)
- helping clinicians, scientists, public health bodies and the government to provide guidance and develop policies to respond to the outbreak
- monitoring and managing the outbreak
To understand more about how your personal and medical information is handled, please follow the below link
Or to view their transparency notice: https://digital.nhs.uk/coronavirus/gpes-data-for-pandemic-planning-and-research/general-practice-transparency-notice